Friday 2 October 2009

All of the will, none of the power

Forgive me bloggers, for I have sinned.

I'm really struggling with getting my engine started and the ball rolling with this one - I think it has a lot to do with adjusting to night shift, as I've found these crazy hours have required all of my attention and everything else in my life seems to have become secondary for now.

This unfortunately led to another slip this evening in the form of a pita grek with chips (which is basically a kebab but healthier and less fat-drippy then UK kebabs). I feel really guilty about it now as I don't think I'm taking this whole diet thing seriously enough, I keep thinking about it and being motivated to lose weight without actually making a connection between those thoughts and what I'm putting in my mouth! Seriously, imagine a person preaching about weight loss to a crowd and how nothing's going to stop them achieving their targets, whilst they're biting into a donut between sentences and not actually realising this donut will stop them achieving their targets until after they've eaten it - well that preacher right now is me!

I actually feel really quite guilty for posting at all, because I've made a blog about losing weight and then made no effort with it to date, wasting the time of anyone that bothers reading entirely, so for that please accept my apologies!

On the other hand, I think that the fact I am even here posting an update says that I obviously have not lost sight of my goal to lose weight and I don't think I'm in (much) denial as I'm identifying and accepting my struggle to get started, etc, so it can't be all bad and says that good things will happen... eventually.

I've clearly ruined it today however definitely, for certain, I promise, the diet starts tomorrow. *nods*

x

1 comment:

  1. From "Our Lady of Weight Loss" web site - All is foregiven. Move on.

    ReplyDelete