Tuesday 6 October 2009

Rain Check

Excuses time again!

This night shift is destroying my soul and consuming all of my energy I'm afraid people - I messed up my sleep cycle on the first day of my weekend which has lead to me getting 5 hours sleep over the past 55 hours and consuming whatever sugar and caffeine necessary to stop myself from sleeping at work!

I've only got 2 and a half weeks left of the night shift and after this I'll be on evenings, my preferred shift, until further notice - So, given my continuous attempts and failures since the creation of this blog at losing weight, I'm going to wait it out until the end of night shift before making a fresh attempt.

When back on evenings I start work at 4pm, have more energy, am able to walk to and/or go to the gym before work, am able to eat and prepare lunch at home, as well as breakfast, etc - It's much easier and I don't need to focus on staying awake.

So, disappointing I agree, but I just haven't been able to get enthusiastic about sticking to a diet plan while I've not even been able to think straight through sleep deprivation and I'd rather put 100% in to it and do it properly.

SO - Roll on evening shift, I'll be back! x

x

1 comment:

  1. Dear Diva, Sounds like night shift is not good for you. Hang in there. It will be over soon. A friend who was on rotating shifts told me that no matter which of the 3 shifts he was on he handled food by eating around his schedule. He ate a dinner right after leaving work and breakfast when he woke up to go to work. I can't imagine if this might help you at all. You poor thing!

    ReplyDelete